Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Sign-Ups for Round 4 Open
1. Name and mailing address:
2. Website/blog (if you have one):
3. Ravelry username (if you have one):
4. Email Address (I know I have it already but this is for your pal):
5. Have you ever dyed yarn before?
6. What are your favorite colors?
7. Are there any colors you really don’t like?
8. Do you have a preference for sock yarn weight? For example, do you prefer to knit with larger yarn (worsted, bulky, etc) or with smaller yarn (dk, fingering, etc)
9. Are you allergic to any fibers?
10. Have you participated in any other swaps? If yes, which one(s)?
11. Do you spin?
12. What other hobbies do you have besides knitting/crochet?
13. Do you have pets? Kids?
14. Is there a sock pattern (or two or three) that you’ve had your eye on for a while that you really want to knit but still don’t have the yarn for?
15. What are the last three things you knit? Were they for you or did you give them away?
16. What’s on your needles right now?
17. Do you sell yarn or other knitting related items? If so, how? (Etsy, LYS, eBay, etc)
18. If you had to pick only one type of item to knit for the rest of your life, what would it be?
19. Are you willing to ship internationally or would you prefer a pal in the same country?
20. When you think of summer, what comes to mind?
21. If you could go anywhere for a summer vacation and money were not a factor, where would you go/what would you do?
22. Is there anything else you want your pal to know about you?
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
- Round 4 will be “Inspired by Pictures” - Your yarn should be inspired by a picture (postcards are okay) and you should include it in your package. Some ideas floating around are your favorite beach or vacation spot, an interesting animal, etc.
- We will swap sock yarn again. Enough for an adult pair of socks. Whether you dye one big skein, split it in two or do mini skeins for toes and heels is totally up to you. Feel free to be creative, as long as it’s enough to make an adult size pair of socks.
- To sign up, send the answers to the questionnaire above to email@example.com.
- Please make sure you are able to take and post pictures before you sign up. A big part of this swap is this blog. If you don't intend to take and post pictures, please do not sign up.
- After I receive your questionnaire, I will send you an invite to this blog or an email if you were already invited in a previous round. That will serve as your acceptance to the swap.
- Any questions/concerns/ideas .. please let me know.
- Let's have a great summer swap!