Welcome to official blog for The Hand Dyed Yarn Swap. This is a fun swap where we hand dye yarn for our swap partner. Sign-ups for Round 4 are now open. We also have links for buying undyed yarn and supplies as well as tutorials for dyeing yarn.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ursa's yarn from Susan

So my package arrived today. The person dyeing yarn for me hadn't contacted me so I didn't know who she was. And surprise! It's Susan, or JustKeepKnitting from San Fran. She certainly paid attention to the colours I like, as the skein contains my favourites - blues, greens, purples, burgundy...
It came with a fun sock purse and a lovely card with a painting on it of some wine, a big wedge of watermelon, what looks like a half of a cataloupe melon, both on plates. With the variety of colours on this painting, the colours she could have used are varied indeed: gold, creamy yellow, white, the pink/red of the watermelon flesh.
The yarn up close.

Thanks again, Susan!

cheers
Ursa

No comments: