Welcome to official blog for The Hand Dyed Yarn Swap. This is a fun swap where we hand dye yarn for our swap partner. Sign-ups for Round 4 are now open. We also have links for buying undyed yarn and supplies as well as tutorials for dyeing yarn.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

I'm late, I'm late! For a very important date!

My sincere apologies to Heidi Kim for posting these pictures so terribly late. Heidi Kim sent an amazing package but I had some serious camera woes. I finally got a new camera last night (and it works!) so....on to the pictures!


hand-dyed sock yarn from HK angora

Beautiful sock yarn in a brilliant sapphire blue with spots of lighter blue, red, and purple. It is really pretty and I'm looking forward to knitting with it.

Hand-spun, hand-dyed yarn from Heidi Kim

Next we have the best surprise of all--HAND SPUN YARN! Wow--Heidi Kim, you really blew me away with this. Heidi Kim wrote that she had ordered a sock yarn blank but didn't think it was going to get there in time, so she started spinning some sock yarn to dye. It is a wonderfully soft 50/50 BLF/merino blend that she dyed a semi-solid lavender.

Hand Dyed Yarn Swap package

In addition to the yarn, Heidi Kim send DPN holders (very handy) and some teas and Norwegian chocolate (long gone). Heidi Kim--thank you so much for your generous swap package. It is all just lovely and I am enjoying it very much.

1 comment:

JanKnit said...

Beautiful yarn! Love your table, too. Did you make it?