Welcome to official blog for The Hand Dyed Yarn Swap. This is a fun swap where we hand dye yarn for our swap partner. Sign-ups for Round 4 are now open. We also have links for buying undyed yarn and supplies as well as tutorials for dyeing yarn.

Monday, March 24, 2008

What a package!

Sharon put together this wonderful package of goodies for me.

yarnswap3
I moved from a town near hers a couple of years ago, and Sharon put together some great goodies from my old farmers market--dried mango and sesame snacks, plus locally roasted coffee.

yarnswap1
This picture shows the colors more accurately. Sharon dyed a skein of self-striping yarn and a contrasting solid, and included a pattern for a faux-isle pillow. I am in awe of people who dye self-striping yarn. The yarn is absolutely beautiful and I love the pattern.

The best thing about the package was the letter Sharon wrote talking about the yarn and her dyeing process. It was such a great personal touch--I will have to remember that for my future packages.

Sharon--Thanks so much! It was great swapping with you. I hope you like your package as much as I like mine.

1 comment:

JanKnit said...

What great colors!!