Welcome to official blog for The Hand Dyed Yarn Swap. This is a fun swap where we hand dye yarn for our swap partner. Sign-ups for Round 4 are now open. We also have links for buying undyed yarn and supplies as well as tutorials for dyeing yarn.

Monday, December 3, 2007

I'm Not Worthy!



Wow! What an amazing package I got from Celena today! I can tell she put a lot of thought into it and looked into some of my other interests. Here's what she included, clockwise, from the upper right:

1. Nice Impressionist card - "Pond Lillies" by Allott Fuller Graves

2. Vertigo chocolate-caramel pop. Celena recommends letting it melt into a cup of coffee. It may not last that long.

3. THE YARN. My stupid flash makes it look more red, but it is a lovely deep purple-burgundy with indigo and navy blue. Can't wait to ball it up and try it out!

4. Pink Frosting body butter by Simple Pleasures. Alas, this is not edible.

5. Cute stitch markers that spell out YARN

6. Thick stack of green quilting squares! All kinds of patterns; two of my favorite motifs are showing - leafs and stars.

7. Underneath it all is a green canvas tote, perfect for groceries or craft stash. Not sure of the dyeing method used on the tote (batik maybe?) but I love it.

Thank you so much, Celena! I hope you like the things I sent.

No comments: