Welcome to official blog for The Hand Dyed Yarn Swap. This is a fun swap where we hand dye yarn for our swap partner. Sign-ups for Round 4 are now open. We also have links for buying undyed yarn and supplies as well as tutorials for dyeing yarn.

Saturday, December 8, 2007

My Yarn is here!




My yarn is here, and it's beyond wonderful! Just look. Isn't the yarn simply stunning? It is from the wonderful Jan, of Jan Knit and I am so in love with it. The roving is a silk/merino and it is the most pet-able roving. I spent the longest time after I opened the package just fondling it. I have never felt anything that soft.

Thank you Jan! I'm drinking some of the tea and thoroughly enjoying my swap. I was thinking I would have to sit out the next round because I'm very over committed early next year, but this was so much fun that I'm going to have to do it again!

Joyce
www.elliebelly.com
paper & fiber arts

http://joycevance.typepad.com

1 comment:

JanKnit said...

Joyce has been one the most patient and gracious swap partners I've ever "met." Not only was I late in getting her things to her, but I had a big "mishap" with the first skein I dyed. She took it all in stride.

Thank you, Joyce!!
Janet (aka JanKnit)