Welcome to official blog for The Hand Dyed Yarn Swap. This is a fun swap where we hand dye yarn for our swap partner. Sign-ups for Round 4 are now open. We also have links for buying undyed yarn and supplies as well as tutorials for dyeing yarn.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Spotlight on "LEFT HAND PINKIE"




Left Hand Pinkie was created for several purposes, the main being to feature fiber related items to the public. I also wanted a place online that I could call my own. My name is Sheilah and I live in Texas.

I have been into various fiber things for quite some time now. It started out as crocheting and then I discovered novelty yarns and then handspun yarns. Thus began my quest to learn how to spin which evolved into dyeing and processing my own fibers as well. I learned how to spin on a wobbly drop spindle and I remember being insanely proud of my whole 17 yards of yarn. I dyed it red and green and crocheted a tight and tiny 'watermelon' slice and painted on black dots.

Since then it's taken off, I own 3 different wheels but still do the majority of my spinning on my Ashford Kiwi. I wash, dye and card most of the fibers that I spin. I am still learning how to knit and hope to dive into that more in the future. My other interests are wire and bead work, love making jewelry and odds and ins, my pets(1 pug, 3 catsand a turtle right now!), cake decorating, all sorts of fibery things, and spending massive amounts of time internet surfing.

I love color and I love working with color, spinning and dyeing come very naturally to me as if I were born to do this and I hope that I am always able to do so! I love nothing more than to hear from people that have used my fiber or received yarn or stitch markers as a gift,it's a fun way to spread joy.

For anyone in the swap, I'll be giving a 10% discount. Just fill your cart and make a note that you are in the Hand Dyed Yarn Swap and I'll send you an adjusted invoice! Also, all orders over $100 receive free shipping and extra surprise goodies!



Here are some goodies from Left Hand Pinkie. Above is some hand dyed merino and below is some hand dyed and hand spun yarn. Aren't they just gorgeous?!?!



No comments: